Photo Credit: weheartrecipes.com
Quinoa Chicken Chili
- 1 cup of quinoa, rinsed
- One (1) 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (you could use crushed)
- One (1) 14 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
- Two (2) 16 oz cans of black beans, rinsed, drained
- One (1) 15 oz can of corn, drained
- 3 Cups chicken stock
- 2 large chicken breasts, frozen or thawed (cook longer if frozen)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1.) Toss everything into slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-7 hours on high. I added frozen chicken breasts to mine and cooked on high for about six hours. As long as the chicken is cooked – it’s done!
- 2.) Remove chicken and shred it with two forks. Return to slow cooker.
- 3.) Top with cheese, sour cream, avocados – whatever sounds good to you! I’m thinking the next day it would probably thicken up enough to eat in a whole wheat tortilla.
- This has a nice little kick to it, but I didn’t think it was too spicy. If you’re nervous about spice, reduce the red pepper and the chili powder by half.
- Thanks to Queenbeecoupons.com for the recipe and picture! — with Leslie Coon. Taken from Facebook, Belinda Morrison Master Trainer.