Photo Credit: weheartrecipes.com
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Vanilla Glaze
- For the bread:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 stick of butter, soft
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350Â° F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until thouroughly mixed. Beat in eggs, bananas, vanilla and cinnamon until mixture is smooth.
- Add flour mixture in three parts, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Fold in chocolate chips if desired (but really, who would say no to chocolate chips).
- Scrape the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool.
- When bread has cooled, mix all the glaze ingredients until creamy. Drizzle over bread and let harden for 20 minutes.