Photo Credit: milwaukeejournalsentinel.wi.newsmemory.com
- 3 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw pecans pieces
- 1 cup raw pepitas ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 ⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 ⁄3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons Penzeys cake spice (or preferred baking spices)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest ¼ cup dried cranberries ¼ cup dried blueberries
- Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: 20 minutes. To tal time: 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans, pepitas and coconut.
- In a small saucepan, combine maple syrup and coconut oil. Heat over medium heat until just bubbling. Turn off heat and stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Pour wet ingredients over oat mixture and stir until oats are no longer dry. Stir in cake spice and orange zest. Pour granola onto lined baking sheet and bake, stirring every 10 minutes until light brown and fragrant, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before stirring in dried fruit. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to two weeks.