Photo Credit: weheartrecipes.com
- 1) 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2) 4 medjool dates, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 3) 2 teaspoons cacao or cocoa powder or 20 grams roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 4) 4 teaspoons nut butter (peanut butter or almond spread)*
- 5) 4 teaspoons crushed nuts (peanuts and walnuts both work well)
- 1) Use a bowl or large mug.
- 2) Layer 1 sliced banana, scatter over 2 of the dates, dollop with two teaspoons of the nut butter, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the cacao or cocoa or half of the chocolate.
- 3) Repeat the layer.
- 4) Sit the bowl or mug onto a larger plate and microwave the mixture for 3 minutes.
- 5) Allow to cool slightly and tuck in.
- 6) *to make this nut free sub the nut butter with hulled tahini and the crushed nuts with sunflower seeds.