Photo Credit: weheartrecipes.com
Winter greens & feta pie
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 bunch swiss chard, stems removed and coarsely shredded
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and coarsely shredded
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded gruyere or similar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 pie shell, uncooked.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Prepare your dough and place it into a pie or tart pan.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and leek, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
- Wash greens in several changes of water; drain. Steam greens, in batches if necessary, until soft and wilted. Let cool.
- Transfer to sieve; squeeze out moisture. Add to onion mixture along with feta and gruyere cheeses, eggs, dill, salt and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
- Transfer mixture into your uncooked pieshell. Bake in center of oven until pastry is golden and filling is steaming, about 45 minutes. Let cool. This pie is delicious warm or cold.