Photo Credit: weheartrecipes.com
Arisi Paruppu sadham - Famous Indian Recipes
- Normal rice – 1 cup
- Toor dal – ½ cup
- Small onion – 15 nos
- Red chili – 2 nos
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Garlic – 5 nos (crushed)
- Red chili powder – 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – 2 1/2 cups
- Tomato- 1 chopped (naddu tomato)
- Oil – 4 spoons
- Mustard seeds – a pinch
- Jeera – ½ tsp
- First soak the rice and dal for 15 minutes and wash the soaked rice and keep it aside.
- In a cooker add oil, allow it to heat, and then add mustard seeds allow it to splutter.
- Add the Jeera and crushed garlic and fry for a minute.
- After one minute add the small onion and fry till it become light brown colour.
- Next add the curry leaves and coriander leaves, red chili.
- Then add the tomato and add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- After that add the water and allow it to boil.(if u want the rice is become mushy means use 2 and half cup water other wise use only 2 cups water)
- Pour the washed rice and closed the lid, cook for 3 whistles
- Now switch of the stove and allow it to cool naturally.
- Arisi paruppu sadham is now ready to serve.