Photo Credit: thewoksoflife.com
Wild Mushroom & Garlic White Pizza (AND Fool-proof Pizza Dough!)
- 5 cups bread flour (all purpose can also be used in a pinch)
- 2-3 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 (1/4-ounce) packets active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- handful of reconstituted dried porcini mushrooms or other wild mushroom
- handful of mozzarella cheese
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Place the dough into a large floured bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm room for 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size. And that’s it! That’s the crust. So easy. So deceptively easy.
- Mmm mmm mmm.
- At this point, you can punch the dough down, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. We don’t recommend just wrapping the whole thing in plastic wrap, because it continues to rise in the refrigerator, and tends to burst out of the plastic wrap in a rather unfortunate, I-forgot-my-Spanx-today sort of way. Not that I wear Spanx.
- Just keep it in the bowl!
- preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- Roll out or shape your pizza
- Bake for 10 minutes.