Photo Credit: weheartrecipes.com
Baby food: Simmering Sweet Apples & Chicken
- 1 chicken breast or 1 turkey breast filet - uncooked and diced
- 1 or 2 medium sized apples (try Macintosh), peeled, cord and diced
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced sweet potato
- 2 cup water or homemade chicken or vegetable stock
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized pot, bring to a slow boil and then turn the heat down to a simmer. Simmer until the meat pieces are cooked; approximately 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the liquid level when simmering, add more if needed.
- When meat is fully cooked and the apples are mushy, remove from heat and allow to cool. Puree, mash or chop for your baby.
- Add 1/4 cup uncooked brown rice before cooking OR
- Add 1/4 uncooked cous cous or quinoa before cooking