Photo Credit: ivynik.blogspot.ca
Chocolate petits fours Ivelina Nikolova
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 200 g confectioners' sugar
- 200 g skin on finely grounded almonds
- 4 large eggs
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted
- For the chocolate-praline ganache:
- 110 ml heavy cream
- 125 g dark chocolate - 70% cacao
- 90 g praline paste
- Ready made chocolate fondant will be needed.
- Have the cooled layer out of the baking pan over a parchment paper, slightly sifted with confectioners' sugar. Cut the edges, making them sharp and straight. Measure the length precisely, divide in half and cut in the middle. Two equal layers are needed. Spread the chocolate ganache onto the first layer and cover with the second layer. (Note: Work over the parchment paper.) Straighten the edges achieving nice quadrilateral. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to harden and to keep the shape. Use the parchment paper as a base to move the cake.
- Cover with chocolate fondant about 3 mm thick. Measure again the whole cake and divide in equal pieces. Cut with a wide, clean, sharp knife. Have a clean paper towel and deep cup full with hot water handy. Dip the knife in the water and dry it out after each cut. The cut petits-fours are 2.5 cm squares. Decorate as desired.