Photo Credit: weheartrecipes.com
Sweet Pepper Pasta Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Small white onion, diced
- 2 Minced garlic cloves
- 2 Small red bell peppers, diced
- 2 Small green bell peppers (or 2 medium Italian Bull Horn peppers), diced
- 1 Can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 Tsp. of dried oregano
- 1/2 Tsp. of dried sweet basil
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil until shimmering, and sauté the onions until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Add the minced garlic and sauté another 1 minute or so.
- 3. Place the diced peppers in the pan and sauté for about 3 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- 4. Add tomatoes, including the juice, and stir in seasoning - oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- 6. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 6. Puree using an immersion blender or let cool a few minutes and puree in a regular blender until it reaches desired consistency.
- (Optional) Simmer the sauce with lean ground beef that has been browned and seasoned.
- Serve over pasta of your choice.